Aspyr Media, the folks behind the Mac version of Guitar Hero III has announced a series of Guitar Hero III tournaments around the country that will be held in many different Apple stores. Locations and times are as follows:
* Mall of America (Bloomington, MN), 3/1 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
* San Francisco (Stockton St.), 3/15 2 p.m – 4 p.m.
* Pasadena (Colorado Blvd.), 3/15 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
* International Plaza (Tampa, FL), 3/15 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
* Crossgates (Albany, NY), 3/15 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
* North Shore (Peabody, MA), 3/15 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
* Memorial City (Houston, TX), 3/15 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
* North Michigan Avenue (Chicago, IL), 3/22 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
* Third Street Promenade (Santa Monica, CA), 3/22 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
* Fifth Avenue (New York, NY), 3/22 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
* Soho (New York, NY), 4/1 or 4/2 6:30 p.m. TBD
Wow, I actually remember buying starter packs for this game when I was in high school about 10 years ago. Yeah, I was a nerd, but I really loved that game. My cards are probably worth a fortune by now too, considering how much they were worth then. Anyway, if you are a fan of the game, you’ll soon be able to enjoy it on your Xbox 360 as well as your computer.
Wizards of the Coast has announced that the very popular game will be developed by AStainless Games, Ltd. who will be providing the XBLA version and Mind Control Software, who will be developing the Mac version. The two together will work together on the creation of the Windows version.
Mac users just keep getting more and more cool games to play, which is really good news to me, because, alas! I am a Mac user. The good news this time is that Spore and Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare will soon be Mac compatible. No release dates have been announced as of yet, but both games are expected to be released sometime this year. I wouldn’t say that this is a reason to purchase a Mac, but I would say it’s a good reason not to dismiss it the next time you need a quality computer.
If you own a Mac and a Playstation 3, this post may interest you. NullRiver has created MediaLink, which allows you to stream music and movies to your PS3 as well as other really cool things. So if you don’t want to waste that valuable space on the PS3 hard drive for music, just use the space that you are already using on your computer. I’ll definitely be using it.