The first update since the week before Christmas, and I have to say that I’m a little disappointed. There is only one demo, and one video, but there is a whole bunch of songs for both Rock Band and Guitar Hero. I guess the update is OK though. Don’t forget that five of those Rock Band tracks are only $0.99, which is half off. Here is what’s available this week.
- Rock Band
- “Gimme Three Steps” by Lynard Skynard – $1.99
- “Hard To Handle” made famous by Black Crowes – $1.99
- “Limelight” made famous by Rush – $1.99
- “Attack” by 30 Seconds to Mars – $0.99
- “The Kill” – 30 Seconds to Mars – $0.99
- “Dirty Little Secret” by All-American Rejects – $0.99
- “Move Along” – by All-American Rejects – $0.99
- “Song with a Mission” – made famous by The Sounds – $0.99
- Guitar Hero III
- “Antisocial” by Trust – $2.49
- “Emten Was Wir Saen” by Emten Was Wir Saen – $2.49
- “So Payaso” by Extremoduro – $2.49
- Warner/Reprise Track Pack – $6.25
- GT5P Japanese Launch Trailer
According to Mark Rein of Epic Games has announced on Epic’s Official Forums that an update to the Unreal Engine 3 editor that comes with Unreal Tournament 3 on the PC will soon be able to “cook” mods into Playstation 3 format. That sounds pretty damn cool. The update is scheduled for release sometime next week, so keep an eye out for it.
There are three more songs for Rock Band that will be available this week on the Xbox Live Marketplace and the Playstation Store. You can expect to find them on the PS3 on Thursday though. You can pick them up for 160 Microsoft points on the Xbox or $1.99 on the Playstation Network. Check out the list of songs below. “Made famous by” means that it is a cover song of the original.
- “Gimme Three Steps” by Lynyrd Skynyrd
- “Hard to Handle” made famous by the Black Crowes
- “Limelight” made famous by Rush
If you own Time Crisis 4, there’s a patch for you to download. Namco hasn’t released any info about what the patch does though, so you are just going to have to install it and try to figure it out.
Harmonix and MTV Games have provided some special holiday content for you today. There are five new tracks available and as a holiday gift, there are discounted at a price of $0.99 each. You can get these right now if you are an Xbox 360 owner, but you have to wait until next week if you are a PS3 owner because Sony’s offices are closed for the holidays. That sucks. Check out the songs below.
- “Attack” – 30 Seconds To Mars
- “The Kill” – 30 Seconds To Mars
- “Dirty Little Secret” – All-American Rejects
- “Move Along” – All-American Rejects
- “Song With A Mission” – The Sounds
Short answer. No way. There was a rumor going around this weekend about Zapak Digital Entertainment purchasing Sony Online Entertainment for $300 million and relocating the studios to India in order to reduce the cost of publishing a game. Sony Online head, John Smedley confirmed that the story is 100% false and aren’t even up for sale. He did mention though that Sony Online was talking to Zapak about distribution rights to one of their games. To be honest, the story sounded pretty fake to me as soon as I heard about it. Outsourcing to India, with a huge brand like Sony, just doesn’t sound like a smart idea. I sure hope it never comes to that anyway.
The makers of Gran Turismo, Polyphony Digital, has sent out a special seasons greetings video thanking their fans for the continued support of the franchise. Check out the video here.